Friday, December 9, 2011

Plum Crazy


Forgive the pun. But really, I did go a little crazy. Sometimes, when I start a series.... I can't stop until it's over or I run out of published books. It was so with Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Novels. Customers and coworkers have been trying to cajole me into reading these books for years. And then heard about the movie, and I saw the trailer and thought it might be a movie I'd like to see... and you can't see the movie first. The book is always better. You have to read the book first. So I did.

Two weeks later, I finished the very recently published Explosive Eighteen. Okay. Go back, and take a look at that sentence.

"Two weeks later, I finished the very recently published Explosive Eighteen."

I am not estimating. Two weeks, to the day, is how long it took me to read all eighteen novels and even one of the holiday novelas. Eighteen and a half books, in fourteen days. I couldn't stop. In my defense, I was recovering from a minor but hindering injury during those two weeks. However, I would be lying if I let anyone believe that I actually did anything useful like, say homework, during those fourteen days. I was addicted. I kind of still am.

These books are freaking hilarious. I kind of want to be a bounty hunter now. It's on my list right after circus performer, and right before werewolf. For real. I would rather be Stephanie Plum than a werewolf.  What? It could be an option. Science advances every day. But about the books... Funny. So funny. You know those books that make you laugh out loud in public places, and then people look at you like you're goofy? These are those books. Who even cares what those people think? They need to read more funny books.

Five of five toes to the whole series. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment