Friday, December 17, 2010

White Cat, or I SWEAR I'm going to read Grimm Legacy....

More audio booking. I just have no time to sit and read a whole book. I don't really have time to sit and write this. :( Is it January yet?

White Cat by Holly Black is my most recent listen, and... wow. Just wow. Holly Black always writes wonderful, believable characters and incredible worlds of fantasy that have all the grit and harshness of reality. Her worlds are dark, very much like the Grimm fairytales. We are accustomed to the Disney fairy tale world of happy endings, and that makes it easy to forget that fairy stories were once cautionary tales and scary stories like ghost stories are today. Holly brings that darkness back to life, and I love it.

I cannot wait to read the next installment, Red Glove. This has to be one of the best teen books out there right now. <3

And, I still swear that I'm going to read Grimm Legacy soon. Maybe I'll crack it open on Christmas Eve.

Also, I'm thinking of using a rating system. Any thoughts or suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment